Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Naughty List....

I Had to Know!!!

There he was again sitting on his throne of lies ... Telling a sweet little boy about the North Pole and how all the good little girls and boys would get presents on Christmas. I stood and listened and wondered how had we gotten to such a crazy place of a jolly old soul lying to little children...

I was and probably will continue to be an encourager of such a bunch of lies. I hope to teach my grandchildren someday it's a birthday celebration for Jesus and Santa brings the birthday gifts ..
That sounds honest enough ...

Well, I had to know.... so I asked Santa if I was on the naughty list this year...

He looked at me ... "His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!"

And said....
Twas that night before thanksgiving when all through the house not a roommate was stirring not even a mouse... Your stockings were hung over the bathtub with care, thinking Santa Nichols would never know you've been there...

I stopped him dead in his tracks not wanting to know exactly what he did already know.... so I said,
"Ok Santa I get the picture... It's the naughty list again this year!!! I won't bother making you cookies either since you won't be stopping anyhow..."
Ho ho ho ....

In Wonder...



No comments:

Post a Comment