Thursday, December 13, 2012

Everyone Has A Story....

The Depth of People

I was at a holiday reunion party last night, what a wonderful time. I loved seeing old classmates, which made me wonder. All the faces of the once young teenage friends now all aged with wisdom lines, wrinkles to some, life lessons to me.

I love people and their stories, where they have been, where they are going. I can never listen enough. There is so much wisdom to be shared once you can get past the mindless chatter of what people think they are suppose to talk about.

Life has moved fast for all of us...
No longer foolish teenage, now, hopefully wise adults...

Taking the time to listen to someone keeps me in Awe...

At a second venue last night I met a man, that I sensed had an incredible story to tell. I shared with him how I loved to write and I wanted to hear his life story... I innocently ask to listen to a stranger... His reaction surprised me.
He looked shocked, flattered, and even honored to think "someone" would care enough to want to listen to his story . He said I made him feel important, to which I replied, "not important but Special"
And I thought...
We are all Special in Gods eyes...

For me listening to someone's life story keeps me in Love, Awe and Wonder.
I love people, I am in Awe of their stories, and I wonder what lessons can be learned...

Will you Listen to someone's story today, and be open to a life lesson?

In awe of people ...

No comments:

Post a Comment