Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sledding Anyone?

Sledding at 50!!!

I received a call today inviting me to go sledding with a group of High School Friends. I had to smile at the thought of 50 year olds planning a sledding get together... It made me wonder where the past 40 plus year went. The last time we all probably went sledding was in our teenage years... What a flash back to the past... Although I opted to snowshoe instead of sledding ( not wanting to re-injure my back) it was a blast to watch everyone enjoy the beauty of the winter.

I have struggled recently with the snow only being somewhat of a nuisance not really appreciating the beauty of our winter this year. After this weekend and being out on the trails snowshoeing, I'm thrilled to say the beauty was priceless. I am thankful for the awe of the stunning landscape in upstate New York and to see it covered in a blanket of snow was quite spectacular!











No comments:

Post a Comment