Monday, April 30, 2012

Still Parents No Matter The Age!

My Daddy...

My parents are alive and healthy.
My mother soon to be 87 and my father 88.

I count my blessings everyday, and truly am thankful for my parents.
A relationship that as grown closer and closer as they have aged.

I know we are not suppose to have favorites when it comes to our children, but is there a golden rule when it comes to favorites and parents?

I think personalities have a lot to do with favorites. My mother being a Leo also ( not that I put any or much substance into "horoscope signs") but the truth is we are very much alike, when I was younger too much alike, on many occasions.

"My daddy" on the other hand has a personality that complaints mine. He is an encourager, accepts, and loves unconditionally. And at the age 88 he is still there for me.

I feel truly blessed to have a beautiful father, and to have parents that have been together for 60 years. They have been a gift to me. And as
my life has changed I have become more and more aware of the blessings of having elderly parents.

Having a "daddy" at my age, is a gift I am so thankful for. My life has had its share of challenges, and my wonderful father has always been there to encourage, love and support
Me....
What blessing, what a gift, what a love....
In awe of "my daddy"

No comments:

Post a Comment