Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Piranha Tank!

The Piranha Tank! Too Funny...

Being a wonderer and loving to gather experiences I decided to step out of my box and do something that was very uncomfortable for me....

As I sat working at my computer one of those 100 dating sites popped up, again! I thought I can't, but than I thought hmmm maybe this could be more material for a book. So I reluctantly started to fill out the information along with choosing a few pictures I was comfortable enough to post.
With great reservation and hesitation I hit the send button...

What I was about to experience next was beyond any of my wildest dreams..

This somewhat, what seemed to be a normal dating site turned into a site filled with piranhas! That's all that came to my mind, I thought PIRANHAS, this must a feeding frenzy....

Within seconds there was hit after hit... So, I'm suppose to be flattered
right? Cause honestly I was sick to my stomach....I thought, what have I done? and how I'm I going to stop this feeding frenzy?

Delete, Delete, Delete a bottom I am eternally grateful for!

So as I assess my options, and come at this experience from the view of
an experiment.... I am shocked and appalled at the number of men who honestly have no clue! ( not all men, thank God)

And if you are a man reading this blog and decide to put a picture on a dating site here are a few rules to follow :
1. Don't use your mug shot!
2. Take off your sunglasses
3. Keep your shirt on!
4. Smile for God sake!
5. If you have to take your own picture, we know it's a picture of you in the mirror!!!!
6. And Really... do you think anyone will answer a request "hey good looking" with no picture? Now that's one surprise I'm not interested in!

And while I'm at it... If you want to chat here's a few more tips
LEARN how to SPELL!!! (at least 90 % of your sentence)
And Saying
"Hey Baby" doesn't cut it
" You're gorgeous" really?
" You're hot!" thanks but no thanks
I could go on and on but I'll save it for another Post!
Cause the piranhas are still hungry...
It's quite an experience!

The good news , I haven't laughed so much in such a long time ...
So to all you Piranhas out there....thanks for the laughter!

Wondering where's that man I Love
When I "need" him?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I removed it because I don't know what I am doing...lol
    Anyways Amy, I can relate to some dating sites...really!!!

    ReplyDelete