Sunday, April 1, 2012

On The Road...


On The Road With Life Metaphors...

I started out this morning into the unknown, wondering what I would learn about life...

I was in awe of several life metaphors I became aware of as I was driving 10 hours.

First, I realized I had too many maps, too many GPSs...

The problem was every one of them had different choices of routes to choose from, I became overwhelmed and confused on which way to go... I even turned around after I started and took a different route...

And I thought "how many people influence us with their different thoughts and we get confused?"
I decided to use what I was comfortable with which was my hand held GPS. Being comfortable with the decisions of our own and not influenced by others was my lesson with all those map choices!

Also being the driver having to look forward for 10 hours made me think, we should live in "A Drivers Seat " than maybe we would be forced to be present all the time and keep focused on looking forward and not looking back (at life).

One last metaphor was the weather. I found myself driving thought the rain, the storm, then the sun finally came out! Again like life if we just can get through those cloudy and stormy days, The sun will shine once again...

Lastly I listened to Dr Wayne Dyer for about 8 hours his wonderful book called "Excuses Begone".. I highly recommend it!
One main point of the book...
"If you can't say 100% what you're thinking is TRUE than change your thought!"

Wondering about wondering...


1 comment:

  1. Metaphors are so wonderful in their relation to our lives at times.

    ReplyDelete