Monday, April 23, 2012

Drink From The Words You Say

"Drink From The Words You Say"
(Hunter Hayes)

I'm not much of a groupie when it comes to music and their artists.
I don't necessarily follow any one particular style of music. I enjoy all styles, from the oldies like Frank Sanataria to Country ( no rap or heavy metal thank you! ) But I find myself listening or maybe I should say " hearing" the words to the songs more recently, more clearly. I find their meanings more interesting as I have aged, or maybe it is because of where I am in this season of my life.

As I was listening to my car radio the other day I heard a song by Hunter Hayes called Wanted... It moved me in a way that made me want to here more of his songs. As I want to iTunes to check out the song, Wanted I also heard another one called
" If You Told Me To" the one line that I loved was
"Drink from the words you say "
He was speaking about the words that were spoken to him...
I love this metaphor...
"Drink from the words you say"
Learning from words and literally quenching our thirst for life!

So next time you have a chance to listen to someone's words or listen to some great lyrics my hope is....
"You drink from the words that they say!"

In awe of Hunter Hayes!


No comments:

Post a Comment