Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Harley The Horse!

Harley The Horse!

As I road a bike for five hours today, three of those hours on the beach, I couldn't help but realize the importance of the destination was enjoying the journey! The journey truly is living life to its fullest and being present to your surroundings.

I stopped, took pictures, enjoyed the beauty of my day, the sights, the sounds, the people...

I rode with others and as they had a destination in mind all I could think about was being present to the journey in front of me...

By doing so I saw so many incredible sights, there were dolphins, turtles, a beached stingray, to name a few and I met a horse named Harley....

As we came off the beach into a town there was a horse farm... And a beautiful Clydesdale... A women was feeding him carrots outside the fence. My riding companions kept riding but I had to stop (again). Even Harley had a story...
To me he was a beautiful Clydesdale, to Budweiser he was a reject, his looks, his markings were not good enough to be a Budweiser Clydesdale horse... So Harley was put out to pasture in South Carolina on this horse farm.

And I wondered....

A stunning Clydesdale horse "not good enough" in the eyes of it's owner... Yet to the women who came daily to feed him carrots and to myself he was a beautiful stunning horse.
Like people, someone may "think" we are not good enough, but the truth is we are a treasure to others....

In awe of The Journey!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful horse!! The college that I work at has an equine program and I love looking at the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautifl horse!!...i want to kiss him on his furry nose....how blessed are you that God put him there for you to enjoy

    Love Gail...HAPPY TRAILS

    ReplyDelete