Thursday, August 9, 2012

ALL Life Matters!

All Life Matters ...
(A true story shared in poetry form)

I saw a life being challenged one day
A women, not a man three months after May
A homeless person so they say
Frustrated non the less
Screaming all the way...
I called 911
They didn't come
I talk and calmed down the person
Who seem to be a stray...
She was frustrated by her day
Harassed for her looks, skin color and such
It got to a point that it became to much
She threatened to kill herself in the middle of the day
Crying out for help asking anyone she may...
No one helped her which made her mad
A day I learned just how sad
Others around including the police out in force
Did Nothing, nothing of course!
I was an innocent bystander having coffee with a friend one day
When I helped a stranger who had something to say...
She found her bottles that were taken unfair
Her do-rag wrapped up her hair
Others may judge what they see
I opened my heart to world that will be..
Giving and caring for others to see
That there is love to be had,
If given a chance not to think everyone is so bad...
Corinthian was her name, survival was her game ..
Wanting to provide, with her bike by her side
Its not for me to judge right or wrong
My job is to love the weak and allow them to feel strong.
My life changed one day not long ago
A lesson in love, acceptance from above...
We all need some care from someone so near
Take a minute or two to bless someone new...
A life will be changed and it may even be you .....

Aweider 8.9.12

No comments:

Post a Comment