Monday, January 16, 2012

We All Have Baggage!

 We All Have Baggage!
Have you ever tried carrying something around with you that you really didn't want?
Today's society calls at baggage… We all have baggage from our past our present and worrying about our future. I realized this morning out of frustration the baggage I recently have had to carry is  baggage called pain.
Most people carry emotional baggage around with them, my baggage,  I don't seem to be able to unload, is in the form of pain. 
I am very frustrated from this pain, because it's with me and  I am reminded of it every moment of the day...
So what if I can mentally remove this physical baggage.
I'm reminded by friend to think about positive things, things that make me feel good,  happy times, my "favorite things"... could it really be that easy? Could I make my pain go away at least for that moment if I think of my favorite things? Can My mind even stay focused on my favorite things for longer than a few moments?
I've tried, I'll continue try and honestly sometimes it works…
But my minds reality is my arm is in pain even after surgery which is what really frustrates me.
I'm not the kind of person to stay frustrated for a long time. This pain has kept me in a place that I'm not used to being. I have things to do, I have places to go and people to see. But for some reason,  someone up there wants my attention, or at the very least  wants me to be in place of stillness so I can be present to my baggage, mental , emotional, physical, which can only make me stronger and all those areas . They say… "This too shall pass" I look forward to the passing of this pain and the lesson that I will have learned during this season in my life. I consider all this frustration and all this pain "Just another life lesson"so here are a few of my favorite things…
Spending time with , touching,  holding,connecting to those I love,  being creative and  writing, connecting with new people… and of course   "girl's in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay and my nose and eyelashes"....

What are a few of your favorite things?
Next time you are in physical or emotional pain perhaps think about a few of your favorite things, 
Instead of focusing on any of your baggage…
In Awe of wondering why?

No comments:

Post a Comment