Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ordinary People

Ordinary People

The title comes from a song I heard at church last week. "We're all just ordinary people"

It has made me think about my experience here in Gettysburg.
All the ordinary people that fought for the cause of freedom and that all men are created equal.

I can't help but be moved by the injustice of how people were and still are treated in this country today.

The concept of slavery is beyond anything that my mind can possibly imagine. And yet, look at the people that are still in bondage to some type of slavery today.

I'm not comparing the civil war to what I'm about to write just making a point to think about....

The Civil War was necessary for the freedom of all people... Thank God for Abraham Lincoln!

Some people still live in bondage and in slavery to their own life including their past....

This Country has grown through the experience of the Civil War...
You can't help but think about the lost lives, 620,000 men were sacrificed for our freedom...

My connection to this experience here at Gettysburg is this...

"If you're not free living your life, I believe you should fight for own your freedom." Many ordinary people are unhappy because of their situations.

Don't give up, fight for what you believe in...
What does that look like for you?

A job, a new career, downsizing, letting go of the past, living life to its fullest, fulfilling a dream?

This country took a path it believed in.... And fought for liberty and justice for all !

Don't give up on your own freedom, we are given one precious life to live...

To All the ordinary people who have fought in any war for our freedom, a thank you doesn't even come close to the gratitude I feel for all who have served this country... You are one of the ordinary people that is Extraordinary !!!

In Awe of our History !

No comments:

Post a Comment