Thursday, June 21, 2012

Delaware Who Knew!!!

"You may be in the house but you're always in the garden "
H. Dupont

An estate I stumbled upon in of all states, Delaware .... As I dropped my daughter off for her morning meeting, I was looking for a Starbucks to sit and write.... Well Starbucks was no where to be found but a saw a sign that said " Welcome to Delaware "
Delaware? I thought OMG another adventure!!!

I knew there was history to be experienced so at a red light I rolled down my window and asked where the nearest Starbucks was ... The two men said they didn't drink Starbucks, because it was too expensive : ) I thought, OK then, where's some history around here ... They said you must see Winterhur Estates, they pointed to the right as the light turned green and they were off and so was I!

I found the incredible gardens and estate of the Dupont Family, who knew... And that's exactly why I am on the road.. There is so much to see in this country and I love exploring every step of the way!

DuPont was the largest collector of American made furniture and his collection stems from mid 1600-1860. He stopped collecting at that point due to the industrial revolution... He didn't like the quality after that.

Well the gardens, estate, and museum are an incredible site... An historical experience I am so thankful for today!

Had it not been for Starbucks I may have never found this priceless memory... A visit I highly recommend if you're ever near Delaware.
It's no "small wonder" ....

In awe of being in awe!

1 comment:

  1. another educational day--HAPPY TRAILS love gail

    ReplyDelete