Thursday, June 7, 2012

Independence and Freedom

The Freedom Of Ordinary People

The sense of freedom I am feeling while on this road trip to Gettysburg started on 390S, ten minutes into this road trip.

As I left Rochester yesterday morning an emotion came over me...
I knew I was driving in the right direction, south again!
Something keeps calling me south, maybe the sun, it's warmth and the people.

I know I am blessed to be in a position to travel... It's in my blood!
My grandmother was traveler for years... She would travel all over the world to places like Italy , Egypt, Guatemala... Which someday I would love to visit with a partner...

For now I love my road trips, seeing this country and our history ...The independence of traveling alone is very empowering. There's a feeling of freedom being independent. As a friend once said ...
"We need to be independent enough to be dependent!!"

I believe a healthy relationship starts with our own independence...

Wondering what tomorrow will bring...

1 comment:

  1. YOU AND ABE...GREAT PIC...HAPPY TRAILS...GAIL

    ReplyDelete