Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Dads Guard Rail ...

At the Doctors office ... I almost wet my pants!!!

Taking my parents to their doctor appointment is always a trip!!! Today was no exception. As the nurse started to check their weight my dad started to tip to the right and he grabbed the hand rail.... I realized he left his cane in the waiting area...
As I retrieved it for him, he made it all the way down the hall holding the wall hand rail. Once in the room he looked at me and said "if we had those guard rails in the house I wouldn't need my cane" I laughed because of his reference to guard rails...
If that wasn't funny enough. The nurses name was Valentino. My dad ask if she was a February 14th birthday baby which she replied " no it's just a popular Ukrainian name" meanwhile my deaf mother said "Bill what did you say" my dad replied "Marie, Valentino is Ukrainian" to which she said again "what did you say?" My father said "she's from Hungry"
"Hungry?, you hungry Bill" I thought OMG and just about wet my pants ...
Which would have been fitting being at a geriatric doctors office ...

In awe of aging parents ...


No comments:

Post a Comment