Monday, January 21, 2013

A Time For Everything, Even 12 Hours in the ER...

A Time For Everything...
One of my favorite bible verses...
(Ecclesiastes 3:3-8)

3 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

It was my time to experience Nitrostat, a little pill placed under your tongue to help open your arteries from chest pain... Chest Pain I had been experiencing before Christmas. Why did I wait so long to address the pain? It was on the right side, which I assumed was the "wrong" side .... Thankfully no heart attack, perhaps just Stress, hopefully a successful stress test will prove that today...

The whole ER experience on Friday was certainly something to take in ...
Being the wonder that I am, I found myself in a more peaceful state of mind even in the ER... My doctor had the perfect bedside manor, very handsome and sounded just like Ricky Ricardo... I mentioned that to him and the next time he came into the room to check on me, he introduced himself as Dr.Ricardo...

Because the Nitrostat had worked and although it gave me a headache it did free up my chest pain...
Which made Dr Ricardo want to keep me over night ... But, for me overnight wasn't an option... So my new doctor friend released me with my own bottle of Nitrostat, a promise to stay low key and an appointment for a stress test... And off I went! ( ok, so I made it sound more pleasant than it was)
I will assume everything will be fine...
But I also know there is a
Time for Everything....

Living life filled with love awe and wonder...
Really wondering today...
In Awe and lots of Love ...


No comments:

Post a Comment