Friday, October 12, 2012

Honored To Hold His Hand...

I have had the honor to help my father in his time of need. He is at a "continued" stage of aging, he calls, his sunset years. He is two years from 90, 12 years from 100 years old!

I am reminded how quickly my last 2 years have passed me by, along with the past 12 years... I am thankful for this time I am able to spend with my father. A kind and gentle, often funny man who was always there for me...

His situation is not life threatening but he is in need of emotional and physical support.
It might be temporary or it maybe his new "base line" as his doctor has referred to.

Temporary or not at his age his needs will continue to grow. I am in awe that I am in a place in my life to be able to be there for him. My time is important and I know I must divide it so not to be overwhelmed. As I watch my dad continue to age, his once strong muscular body, weaken and frail, I am reminded daily the preciousness of life, love, and the purpose we are called to embrace.

For me, my purpose has been "care taking" a role I did not want or ask for... A life long career that has taught me patience, unconditional Love, being present to life's Wonder and embracing the Awe of life daily ...

Living my life filled with Love, Awe and Wonder...
A gift for which I am truly grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment