Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Mesa

The Mesa

"A mesa (Spanish and Portuguese for "table") is the American English term for tableland, an elevated area of land with a flat top and sides that are usually steep cliffs. It takes its name from its characteristic table-top shape."wikipedia

When I am in Prescott I head for a wonderful Mesa... As I walked to the top I was moved yet again by the beauty that surrounded me... Brought to tears this was written

The Mesa
The emotions of freedom
Living, breathing what is
Being present to the beauty
all around,
Seeking the depth of now
Embracing every moment
Knowing the peace,
the joy is all yours.
Having the connection
to what is real
The Mesa
it's beauty
It's peace
It's tranquil surroundings
Lives in all of us ....

I couldn't help but wonder about the connection between mankind and the existence of a Mesa

A flat top, secure, high enough to see the beauty all around, it's sides, steep cliffs, unknown, caution needs to be taken if you get to close .... Stay on top, be in the center, see the beauty, live free from fear...

The wonder of it all

No comments:

Post a Comment