Friday, March 30, 2012

Tv or Reality?

A View I couldn't experience watching TV 

How Big Is Your TV?(Confessions from a TV Junkie)

"What you are watching, may be what your life is missing"

I turned my Television off several years ago for the summer, I realized I was a TV junkie my choice of "TV Programing drug" was Reality TV...
I was a junkie... I couldn't get enough!
I knew I needed to do something, so I went cold turkey and turned off the TV from May to September 2008.


I didn't turn it back on till November of that year, I was afraid I would become addicted once again, but I didn't, I was free from living through the lives on TV and I took my life back!!!

I highly recommend the patch!
Except this one goes over your EYES, unlike the one on TV which smokers wear on their arms... Just kidding of course!

Once I starting watching TV again I limited myself to an hour a day.
I want years paying thousands of dollars for cable and rarely used it.
I would call the cable company to cancel but inevitably they would make me a deal and I just couldn't bring myself to canceling it,  Another sign of a controlled TV junkie...


FINALLY I did it, I CANCELED cable!!! It was a HUGE moment for me to free myself from the ability to have hundreds of channels at my finger tips...
I was now a reformed TV  Reality junkie with only 7 lame stations to choose from...

It was the best decision I could have made... I was finally Free, Free to live life, Free to See life, Free to embrace life... To this day I may watch 3-4 hours a week, YES a week....
I
t's freeing, it's allowing me to be present with me, it's given me a new sense of MY OWN REALITY!

I won't judge you for the amount of time you watch TV,
I may even join you for an hour or two...

But this I know for sure

"What I Stopped watching, was what my life was missing,
 My Own REALITY!"

As Part of my reality I am taking a Road Trip to SC which has been on my Bucket list... I'll Be Blogging my adventure, stay tuned!

In Awe of My Own Reality

1 comment: