Friday, March 30, 2012

Sun Son

The Sun  
The Son


Sun and Son
"The Light of the World"

Ever think about words and their meaning?

Today, for me, it's the words
Sun and Son.


My son once told me
"Mom I'm so bright, you can call me sun" A play on words, and I thought how cute for a little boy!


I find the similarity very interesting between those two words.
Sun and Son, for some reason they have a connection to the Christian faith for me.
In the bible John 9:5 NIV
Jesus said:
"While I am in the world,
I am the light of the world."


The Son is referred to as Gods son Jesus who is the"light of the world" and then there is the Sun in the sky which is also "the light of the world".

Why do you suppose that is?

Two different spellings,  same meaning. 
Both the "Light  of the world".

That's the kind of stuff that keeps me wondering!!!

1 comment: