Saturday, February 25, 2012

Together For 60 Years..

"Together For 60 Years"

Can you imagine ? Being with the same person, together for 60 years?

That is what I celebrated with my family this weekend, my loving parents together for 60 years.

Never once do I remember them fighting, now my mom on the other hand did tend to nag, my dad, a strong independent business
owner really wasn't bothered by her nagging.

It was a time when "the dad" cared for his family in ways you seldom see today. a world war 2 vet, he always had a loving strength about him. As I remember, he never yelled at us either, that was my moms job : )

Both college educated from the 1940s, both from broken homes, both driven to have the family they never experienced, both loved by many, both wonderful role models!

I've admired their relationship, something I haven't seem to gotten right myself, yet!

I wonder if what I've witnessed with my parents is even possible today ?
With the divorce rate so high, and I being a casualty myself , what can I expect from a relationship?

I admire people in a loving healthy marriage these days, and wonder will I ever get it right?

My goal, is to celebrate a 25 th Anniversary with the love of my life someday!

I have "my life" just need to find
"my love"...

Happy Anniversary mom and dad!

And to all you in a loving marriage I say " congratulations" and remember, don't take your spouse for granted , honor, respect, and love each other and someday you too may say ...
"Together for 60 years!"

In Awe of True Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment