Monday, September 17, 2012

Really Being Alone...

A Life Changing Moment...

As I waited for a friend for breakfast, I watched, as a blind man with his collapsible cain, waited to be seated...

He was alone in his own dark world. He rocked back and forth, waiting patiently for a table. As fate would have it the hostess came up to him and said "Mr Hill your table is ready you can just slide over" the table next to the waiting area was available. He smiled and said isn't that convenient!

What changed my life was as I watched him acclimate himself to his surroundings, the waitress asked if he was waiting for anyone...
Mr. Hill simply said
"No, I'm not waiting for anyone"
A moment that made me sad, words that moved me. I watched as a blind man ate alone and I couldn't help but wonder about many things in life ....

I'm still wondering ....

No comments:

Post a Comment