Saturday, December 17, 2011

People We Meet

People We Meet Unexpectedly



It's been quite a week I met some great people, special People who serve others.

It's  a very special person who care that much about other people.

It started on Tuesday when I met two young men who took me by ambulance to the hospital ... Young men, new dads, lovely souls. They referred to themselves as Fit and Fat.... After my morphine drip, I was relaxed enough to comment about the physical state of many EMTs. Mike the first one I saw was very thin and so I said " you're very fit for a EMT" he laughed and behind my head came a voice that said " ya but I'm fat, its baby weight my wife just had a baby " as I tried to look behind me there he was my chauffeur I considered him a fit fat!! Well needless to say my two new friends and I had quite an enjoyable ride to the hospital ... For a short while my pain was replaced by laughter of two young men who love to serve others, To those two wonderful young men from Monroe Ambulance I would like to personally say “Thank you Fit and Fat and Merry Christmas to you and your families”!

And to end what could have been a very stressful week, I ran into an Angel volunteer named Shelly singing her heart out, ringing bells endlessly in front of a red kettle outside of Sams Club in Greece. She shared a little about herself and her story touched my soul she was a true survivor.  She was a vision of Christmas Spirit as she stood In front of a sign that read "Be an Angel" I couldn't help but think I had just seen an Angel... She blessed me with her spirit, her smile, and her love for life...

My meeting three strangers this week, three lives touched each other in a way I will never forget..

My lesson learned...

How important it is to be aware of those around you, stop, talk to, listen to, be aware of others and bless someone you may be fortunate enough to cross paths with on this journey called life....

Stop and listen to someone today...

Bless someone this Christmas Season.... It’s easy and priceless

Loving the awe of Wonder
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment