Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Strength Training

 Strength Training
  
Strength training comes in many different forms.  Most of us only think of the gym or some kind of physical exercise when talking about strength training the truth is our mind needs strength training more than our bodies.
As I continue to workout for a positive physical effect, I've come to realize it's my mind that needs to become stronger. I need mental strength, mental workouts...
Over the past year as I went from a life I was very familiar with, to a major detour and now to a new found path for my life, I have become more aware of my mind and it's control over my emotions, as well as my physical well being.
I have been working out daily at the gym for my physical well being and somewhat daily for my emotional health. Like the gym I have needed to use different equipment to have a well rounded workout.  As I have worked on myself emotionally with people around me, I have realized it takes many different lessons to move in a positive direction for mental strength.
Releasing the strength within for me has come in the form of writing.  For others, it may be something very different.
When I first started my mental workouts it was daily in the form of poetry, like at the gym, I was able to build my endurance up and my poetry became more like written short thoughts, and now I am preparing myself emotionally for a 5 k race by writing blogs... My goal, my dream, someday a book! For some in the physical realm it's a marathon... My marathon is my book...
The importance of life is taking care of yourself not only by eating the right foods and exercising daily but by strength training your mind.
Go ahead learn something new, take a class, open your mind to a new experience, go on a retreat, find your passion and pursue it!! Whatever it takes strengthen your mind!!
I know I am and it feels wonderful!
A.Weider 10.23.11

No comments:

Post a Comment