Thursday, October 13, 2011

Affect or Effect?

Affect or Effect?
While there will be confussion to whether I have properly used the word effect and affect correctly please focus on the point of this blog...

I recently reconnected with a friend who I respect greatly and admire her passion and drive for life.  I realized after our conversation just how much she, too, is affected by others.
Why is it we, as humans, allow other humans including strangers to affect us? And what causes us to be so greatly affected? Is it our pride? The wanting to be accepted by others? What if we could just totally accept ourselves for who we are, (as a side note except and accept yet another Crazy english word to be confusing) then what others thought of us wouldnt matter at all, now would it? I have come to realize the affect I have allowed others to have on my emotions has been a waste of my good positive energy.  I am trying very hard not to allow others to effect me. Today was a day of understanding just how we all are affected by others and how important it is NOT to allow others to have any effect on us !!!!
"Be who you are... leave a positive effect on others while not allowing others to greatly affect you!!"FYI
 affect vs effect Generally speaking, affect is a verb and effect is a noun. When you affect something, you produce an effect on it. Even in the passive voice, something would be affected, not effected.

accept vs except Accept usually means that you are receiving or admitting something whereas except usually means that you are excluding something or someone.


10.12.11 Aime

No comments:

Post a Comment